The missing physical aspect of sexual recovery
The concept of Step Minus One comes directly from Alcoholics Anonymous and Sexaholics Anonymous literature and early AA history.
The image of the cart before the horse represents the approach to threefold recovery that has occurred in many 12-step programs including SA. Threefold recovery, originating in AA, incorporates the physical, emotional and spiritual elements. Unawareness of the significant part medical treatment played in early AA, and in the absence of sufficient medical science, physical healing has largely been limited to sobriety. Incorporating the physical aspect helps creates the horsepower to support sustainable and rewarding sobriety and recovery for more members.
- SA official literature on Step Minus One
- Why is sexual recovery so hard? Why such a large burnout and failure rate?
- SA needs a Doctor’s Opinion in our official literature
- High level of medical treatment in early AA: the lack of it in SA
- SA Founder’s Step Minus One
- The myth of 50-75% success rate in early AA
- The truth about early AA is more enlightening than the myths
- What addiction recovery is starting to look like
- Member Case Studies